Cover to Cover: Autobots, transform and mourn your heart out

blahblahblahquickreviewsblahblahblahschoolwork

Green Arrow/Black Canary #4:
by Judd Winick with Cliff Chiang

In this issue, Ollie hates himself over how he was such a crappy father to Connor.

I'm not exactly sure how to feel about this issue. The previous three had been pretty light, and then WHAM a cloud shoots Connor, which forces Ollie to reflect on his past fathering. And that's not to mention the contrived plot device of Connor in a brain coma. I don't even. . . I don't know how to react to that.

The only feeling this comic gives me is ambivalence. Is that bad? That's bad, isn't it? I'm still kinda new to the DCU; the marriage between Dinah and Ollie was what got me into it, so more pedigreed readers probably have better opinions.

I know that some people enjoyed seeing Ollie as a human guy with human tragedies or something, so there. . .

3 amnesiacs out of 5, because I'm a little lost (I didn't deduct any further, because there are some nice family moments, and of course. . .Cliff Chiang).



Transformers Beast Wars: The Ascending #4
by Simon Furman and some guy who's not Don Figueroa


The normal penciller, Don Figueroa wasn't on the final issue of this miniseries. That kinda pissed me off.

Well, I don't have much to say except THAT IT WAS PRETTY COOL. The Maximals (good guys) lure Shokaract (bad guy) into a trap and snare him into the space between time and space. From there, he finds Magmatron, the antagonist of Beast Wars: the Gathering, who drives him insane!

And guess what: Transmetal II Megatron appears in the end!

It's an okay story, if you want me to be objective. It's awesome because I'm a fan.

4 out of 5 Allspark cubes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go