New York, New York

Over here, a Very Awesome bLogger called Occasional Superheroine talks about a recent Adam Hughes DC promo from New York Comic Con:

DC Women promo

It is, if I may add, gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, and you can find this from Adam Hughes' website, which is where I took this picture.

Something that bothers me though, is the way some people react to it. They criticize it as putting women in a strictly glamorous and un-heroic position or as an incompetent and unlightened attempt to empower women.

Why criticize this? To what end?

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that; everyone's entitled to their own opinion. It's just it bothers me on a personal level. Why is it that anything involving women has to be so scrupulously analyzed? Sometimes a cigar's just a cigar, and there isn't the need for quasi-feminist disdain. A lot of times there may be, but not in this case I don't think.

The women are stunning; you can tell who's who without their costumes (mostly. It took me some seconds to figure out Donna Troy and Harley), and the expressions on everyone are just great.

And that is what you call beauty. If it needs to be scrupled anywhere, I think it has to be on how awesome it is.

Anyways enough of that. According to Hughes' site, it'll be a promo for the 2008 convention season, so I hope I can get my hands on it for WW Chicago.

andnoIdonotcarehowmanypeopleIstepon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go