Reading Catwoman: When in Rome

Trades that I review from the library: priceless! It seems like Mondays are the days I look at trades, so if it's okay by you guys, let's just go with the flow. Let's review

Catwoman: When in Rome
by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale

WHAT IT'S ABOUT: Selina Kyle (AKA: Catwoman!) travels to Sicily to solve the mystery of who her parents were, and how mob boss Carmine De-something-something is related (gimme some slack, I read this a week ago, and returned it to the library thereafter).
Along the way, she tangos with some mobsters, one of whom has a bull's-eye on her life, along with weapons from all of Batman's villains! Why is this person after her? Will she find her parents?

WHAT I LIKED: Um, I pretty much liked everything here. The dialogue is witty and snappy; Selina has a delicious personality; the art is gorgeous, and it's a whirlwind tour of Batman's rogues gallery! Jeph knows how to write superheroes in the Batman-verse, and this is a great example.
. . . then I punched him

Yeah, I mean, it might be because I have a hopeless crush on Catwoman, but this is pretty much Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale at their finest. She even heists the Vatican!
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Frankly, I have no complaints at all. I mean, Edward Nigma is a total perv, but that's par for the course. You could also say how it's short-sighteded to portray Sicily as all about mob life and such, but I'm gonna forgive that in this case, since it was well done.

EXTRAS?: There's a little two-page short story in which Selina does some catharsis over Carmine what's-his-name, but. . . yeah, I don't have it with me anymore, and I don't remember much else. There's an intro by the editor of the 6-issue miniseries, Mark Chiarello, but it isn't that great.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Loved it, and may think of getting it as a gift for someone. I recommend this to anyone who likes reading the wonderful world of Batman and his supporting cast.
Cat. WOMAN.

An interesting footnote, though, is how Catwoman admits something along the lines of,
"Nope. Don't know who Batman is. Never will. You're asking the wrong girl."
This is really interesting, because however many years later, in Batman: Hush, Loeb had Batman actually reveal his identity to Selina, as Bruce Wayne! I guess this goes to show how comic books are dynamic, and always subject to revision/change.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Catwoman 85 years of epic adventure by Bob Kane the creator of Batman anthology series by DC Comics worldwide.

Anonymous said...

La Gatubela the Spanish name of The Catwoman.🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱MEOW!!!🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱

Anonymous said...

The Catwoman the legendary costumed vigilante once an ally of The Joker Penguin and Riddler becomes the heroine and antiheroine of Gotham City.

Anonymous said...

waynemoises@gmail.com.🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱

Anonymous said...

Hello Kitty as The Catwoman.🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱

Anonymous said...

The Catwoman was part of international superheroes in popular culture in TV films comics animation and media throughout the world.🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go