chezkevin classics: Hal Jordan's skull of steel

I'm going through the archive and re-presenting some old posts that never saw much attention. It's been four years, so I think it's safe to say that you, my current readership, have not laid eyes on them. Today I had a lot of fun looking back at this post, and I think you will too. It was originally presented on July 19, 2008, and the link can be found here. New content will be tomorrow, and further reposts will come on the weekend.

Before you leave, don't forget to partake in this week's blogiversary giveaway: I'm giving away a paperback copy of Grant Morrison and Dave McKean's Arkham Asylum. Click here for the deets!

Sometimes, people will come up to me, bright eyes, and open arms, and they ask me,
"Kevin, where the heck does Hal Jordan get hit the most?"
And how can I deny you, imaginary people? Here's your answer:

hal head hit

His head.

hal head hit

Can you tell what that is? That's a shotgun. Hal gets hit in the head with a shotgun.

hal head hit

Why doesn't Hal just wear a helmet when he goes superhero-ing?

hal head hit

He could disguise it as a lantern or something.

hal head hit

Hal's head can't have very good luck when even the floor hits it.

hal head hit

Can you believe I got this all from the same trade? Green Lantern/Green Arrow volume 2, by Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams.

Good stuff. It also has the classic "My ward is a junkie?!?!?!" issue.
Follow chezkevin on google reader | twitter

No comments:

Stats a-go-go