Around this time in my life, I put out a craigslist ad looking for a roommate. I got a reply from a Minnesota guy making his way to get ready for his college career at UW-Madison. He stayed for about a week and a half, and I basically put his rent money into this guy.
(baseball cap for comparison).
The mold is based on one of the best molds of the 21st century, the Masterpiece Optimus Prime mold. All of his previously die-cast pieces are now replaced with plastic, and some parts have been modified and the transformation was slightly tweaked.
He looks great in both modes, a thing of beauty really. His fist transforms have been modified, and he is missing a few things from the Masterpiece mold:
- His arms don't have the flip-up communications.
- The air vents on his shins no longer open with feet pressure. They're just molded on now.
- The Matrix of Leadership no longer expands.
- You can't move his mouthplate with a button on the back of his head anymore =(
- Because his legs are made of plastic, they've already shown stress marks, right out of the box:
Otherwise he's everything you want in a classic Optimus Prime. He's super-articulated, super-expressive, show-accurate to a "t". He's "Year of the Horse" themed, so his paint applications are slightly darker, and he has gold chrome applications instead of silver. Most places that have an Autobot symbol, combine it with the Chinese character for horse, 馬. Check out the back of his trailer:
Cool thing that the Masterpiece mold doesn't have, his ion blaster folds up into his back:
What a great figure.
Take us away, Spotlight Prime:
Follow chezkevin on rss | twitter