Crashing into a toy store?? Harley gets all the fun.

In case you haven't heard, there were other comics that came out this week besides Amazing Spider-Man #600! They include

Power Girl #3
by Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Connor

See Power Girl.

See Power Girl save.

Save, Power Girl, save!

and that's the issue. For real. Don't get me wrong; I am all for superheroines saving the day, but I kinda want my superheroes to have, you know, depth! And if not that, if they're bland Superman archetypes, then I at least want the plot to be weird and goofy! The supporting cast has more personality than PeeGee!

That is so frustrating! This comic book doesn't really add anything new to the superherho story, and three issues is enough for me to spend on it. I apologize Power Girl, but you are dropped.


Gotham City Sirens #2
by Paul Dini and Guillem March

Last issue's cliffhanger had Ivy gassing Catwoman up, in order to coerce Batman's identity from her. The follow-up to that is fairly clever.
I like how Ivy's hair is all floaty in the first three panels. "Gravity? We don't need no steenkin' gravity!"

I likw how Dini is tying Sirens to its brother title, SOG (Streets of Gotham), by having Harley run into "Bruce Wayne" here. Since Bruce is dead, Hush is actually impersonating him, and since Harley was a member who ruined Hush's reputation, this doesn't smell good for Harley! It's up to Selina and Pam to rescue her -- cue cliffhanger!
Oh Harley! What wacky hijinx will you get yourself into next!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go