Hawkaaa! Bedard on the Birds

Sooooo how was that Smallville episode? You know, the one involving Dinah Lance, AKA Black Canary?

dinah

I have no idea, because I, um, don't watch TV. Anyone willing to enlighten me on our Bird of Prey? Feel free to comment, don't be shy.

Hey, talking about Birds of Prey, check out the new writer following Sean McKeever's run! It's Tony Bedard, which gratifies me to no end. Issue #112, "The Warrior Wake of Zinda Blake," exists because of him! It was the issue that told me I LOVE THIS BOOK. Maybe I'll put it up on the blog someday? Regardless, I have until April or so, because that's around when McKeever's arc finishes. This quote from the interview made me happy:
Yeah, this is regular, ongoing, and they will indeed have to kick me off because I know a great gig when I see one, and this book has everything you could ask for.
It might seem bland, but Bedard has been saddled with a bunch of fill-in work ever since he signed a DC exclusive. From three Supergirl issues to a measly two (is this right?) for Batman and the Outsiders, it sounds great to hear that he's getting a nice, steady book for himself, and it sounds even better that that book is Birds.

Right, Illuminators?
chris
Three of four Marvel's greatest minds approved of this message! (the fourth couldn't speak, because - a mere whisper would but devastate the greatest mountains!)

Hey, continuing to talk about Birds of Prey, let's take a look at my poll. . . Hmmm. . . . so one person voted for Black Canary as their favorite, another Lady Blackhawk. Cool! It's nice to see that people (yes, all two of them) are paying attention to the Birds.

So now that that poll is over with, I've got a new one. Below's a duplication of it:
WHO IS JACKPOT?

-Who else? MJ, my good sir.
-Carlie Cooper? That explains the erratic hair color, at least.
-Some nobody. It's a red herring can't you see?
-You thought she only tended to that soup kitchen? She's clearly Aunt May.
-Peter Parker. At least that explains the personality change.
-Jackpot doesn't matter to me. This Day is anything but Brand New.
-Wha? What's a Jackpot?
-A very attractive Skrull.
-CLAYFACE.
-Menace, ruining two legacies at once! You're a wily one, Mr. Guggenheim!
-OTHER (comment on post)

Aaaaand there you have it. May I remind you that you can select more than one option, allowing for wacky combinations, such as. . . AUNT MAY AS MENACE.

Thus far, Amazing Spider-Man appears to be about Spidey's dangerous adventures in the streets of New York, and #549 is no exception. We don't know much new about Jackpot. I'll get it reviewed by week's end.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go