Hello Goodbye Hello Goodbye: The Chezkevin Restoration Project

Get on your gloves, roll up your sleeves, and put on your dust mask -- it's time for some housekeeping!

Google's Blogger platform is sunsetting their Blogger profiles in lieu of a Google+ Profile. I've decided to opt in and so now, on the left, you'll see my Blogger Profile Picture with a link to my Google+ Profile. Handsome devil! Here's my old profile for reference.

Unbelievably, I've been on blogger since December 2007 -- nearly a decade now. I have hundreds of posts, and recently, I've discovered that some of my pictures have been deprecated. That is, I used to host my photos on photobucket.com, but they have since updated their terms of use such that you need a paid account in order to host photos on a third-party site. Such as blogspot.com. Here's an example:

Images are necessary to my blog. It's a comic book blog, a blog about my experiences with stories told using the written word and the drawn picture. Some images have impressed me so much that I took the effort to scan them in by hand to share them with you. So, I've begun the arduous process of downloading these photobucket photos, one by one, and then replacing them, one by one, on this blog.

It's not going to be easy! Which is why I'm dubbing this, the chezkevin Restoration Project!

My goal is to have every post complete by the end of the year. I had over 600 posts, and I've gone through the continuous process of deleting old ones. If there's a particular post that you would like to view which has bad photos, please comment in the Comments section and I will update it.

Lastly, to celebrate this restoration, I've updated the blog with a new banner: from Amazing Spider-Man, by John Romita Jr.



Follow chezkevin on rss | twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go