komics blog: a tutorial

Whoa! Looong can only describe the past posts, so, to maximize your reading leisure pleasure enjoyment, I thought I'd balance it out with a short post, to be followed by. . .

. . . the reviews for last week! I have half of the comics for that week, so I'll be putting them through the scanner, uh, sometime.



I know, I know, Rayne, they'll come in their due time, alright? I promise you. I don't wanna give you any subpar reviews after all!

Meanwhile!

You might notice that I've been remodeling the blog. Recently the background has turned from a dark green to the dark blue that you see. It seemed like the yellow text stood out the best this way. Does anyone disagree? I don't want you straining your eyes at the blog, so feel free to bring it up.

Also notice that I've added a picture on the top left column, detailing Ben Grimm's reaction to the atrocity of One More Day. If you scroll down further, you'll see a picture for Free Comic Book Day, which will be May 3rd this year! Save the date!



Oh, um, you wanted something more, Rayne? Er, how 'bout you put down those cleavers attached to your arms, and uh, hear about. . .

. . . the new tagging system for the blog! All comics publishers are tagged with a period in front of them, so they appear at the top of the tag list. For example, the list goes ".DC" to ".Indies" to ".Marvel" (Thanks goes to the Spoilt! blog for this clever idea).

Similarly, I attempt to group all review-oriented posts by putting a slash in front of them. For example, a tag would go like: "/panel by panel." If you're new here, I (try to) have two weekly features: there's the "panel by panel," in which I select one issue of the week and tear it apart. Raaarrrgh. The comic featured in this is usually one that stood out to me, for better or worse. The other feature is the "cover to cover," in which I look at the rest of the comics, but give them what I think is a fair verdict.

To elaborate further on tags, I wanna mention that the tag "spidey" is no longer in the umbrella tag of ".Marvel" That just took up too much space, to be honest! So, tags like ".Marvel" will have Marvel characters beside Spidey, who will have his own tag!

-"blog blog blog" relates to where I talk about the blog itself: its format, its appearance, new polls, new headings, stuff like that.
-"inaugural post" is exactly what it says. It gets its own tag 'cause it's speeeecial.
-"meta: breaking the 4th wall" is where I try to have fun with comics panels. Having a chat with Sue Storm and all that.
-The rest lies to your common sense! Discover! Learn!



No, thank you Rayne. Thank you for helping me make the blog as accessible as possible!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go