Dark Avengers #5 starring: Tommy Lee Jones

Dark Avengers #5
by Brian Bendis and Mike Deodato

Can you believe it's only been five issues?

My sentiments exactly Bob! The Dark Avengers are making their whirlwind tour, and after getting rid of Morgana le Fay, they come back to Avengers Tower.

TALK TALK TALK. That's what this issue is. Bendis spends a lot of time talking around the subject, whether it's Bob's psychopathological-ness, or Stormin' Norman's dark past as the Goblin. True, there are some nice shots of Tommy Lee Jones trying his darndest to imitate Norman. . .. . . but it just ends up in Norman talking for 8 pages, and nothing really happening. It'd be nice if, you know, everyone actually sounded distinct, but with Bendis, everyone speaks the same way!

All in all, this was a pretty crummy issue of Dark Avengers. I believe the Centauri begin invading at the end of this issue, so I think I'll only get next ish, and then stop when the Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men crossover kicks up. I am not made out of money Marvel. That is a fact that you need to know.

Lastly:

I TOTALLY WANT THAT SUPER SOAKER.
 
Read all of my Dark Avengers reviews:
Issue #1: the perfect middle finger
Issue #2: Norman Osborn, noble knight
Issue #3 and 4: There is no Void!
Issue #5: starring Tommy Lee Jones
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go