Gotham City Sirens #1: Any way you want it!

I was planning on getting Dark Avengers #6 this week, but I thumbed through it, and it featured Namor flying from his crib to Avengers Tower in 2 pages, and Sentry flying from Avengers Tower to Namor's crib in 2 pages. There was no dialogue in any of these 4 pages. I don't know about you, but I am not going to pay 4 dollars for this kind of comic book.

It was gonna be my last issue anyways, so. . . good riddance I guess! I was hoping that Thunderbolts #133 would come in the mail by today, but unfortunately it hasn't, so we are just reviewing for today

Gotham City Sirens #1
by Paul Dini and Guillem March

So Harley gets out her huge honkin' hammer and whacks an All-New Villain called "Boneblaster." Then she says, "Let's play!" to which 'Blaster responds,


Anyways, this comic isn't too much to write home about. The three girls, Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley get together and establish their alliance at Catwoman's behest that "Gotham is worse than ever." A pretty weak premise.

It kinda has the possibility of a sitcom, because Harley is portrayed so hilariously (and adorably!), but then everyone else is generally moody. Dini's writing isn't as strong as it's been before, but hopefully next issue is more focused.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go