Cliff Chiang!

God, I love that cover.

Anyways, since the blog's inception, you may or may not know that I'm a fan of Dinah's and Ollie's marriage, and their subsequent title, Green Arrow/Black Canary, or Black Canary/Green Arrow. (Whatever floats your boat.)Whatever reservations I have about the title (Winick's less-than-original plot points, over-the-top dramatics and unrealistic dialogue; his focus on Oliver ever since they came back from Themyscira), it can still deliver some damn good lines, and it's always about the person behind the mask.

A bigger force for the book, though, would have to be Cliff Chiang, Mr. Art Guy.

So you can imagine the fright I was in when Comic Addiction told me that he was going to leave the book! Some guy called Mike Norton is coming on, who has Blue Beetle under his belt art-wise. He actually has a blog, if you want to check it out, but it doesn't update too often, and there are only some scant selections of sketches there. Interestingly enough, he's drawn Gravity for the MarvelNext series, as well as a part of a Hack/Slash one-shot.

Green Arrow/Black Canary #6

Call me a purist, but I'm gonna miss the hell out of Cliff Chiang, and I hope he enjoys the hell out of his next project. It must've been some hard work to pencil and ink 22 pages in four weeks. Considering the man's pedigree of Beware the Creeper and Doctor Thirteen: Architecture and Morality, I'm sure his next book'll be a blast.

GA/BC 4 solicit

Issue 7'll be Chiang's last issue on interiors, after which Norton'll take over. Don't worry though, we'll still see gorgeous covers for GA/BC from the guy, and if you wanna check anything out about him, you should go ahead and visit his blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go