First Wednesday of 2012

Ack! No weeklies this Wednesday for me!

The new school session has begun, so we will be entering some turbulence. Stick around, as I will no doubt get bored doing math problems.

Today being Wednesday, it's gotten to be habit for me to post something, so, enjoy/gawk at some doodles.


Over the break I got the entertainment videographic game, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions for Wii. I thrilled to the joy of playing as four different Spider-Men from four different continuities. I chilled to unresponsive wall-crawling controls. In particular, I really enjoyed the Spider-Man: Noir levels. It being the 1930s, he has to use stealth to take down the mob goons armed with tommy guns. His design is pretty sweet too: he wears these aviator goggles and a black vest.

In the second level, he faces the Noir version of the Vulture, who happens to be a circus freak and devours the flesh of other human beings for sustenance. At the time I was watching the 1920s film Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror, and the Vulture reminded me so much of him that I had to doodle him. The scanner makes the blacks stand out, but I did it with a dull #2 pencil.

Here, I'd finished watching last year's Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes film, and I rather enjoyed it. Then I started thinking about the X-Men, as one is wont to do, and giggled when "Psylocke" rhymed with "Sherlock." It's based on a book cover that I unfortunately can no longer find.

This is what happens to me when I'm bored.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go