We're off to see the wizard. . .

. . . The wonderful Wizard World Chicago!

We finish talking about that today, and I just wanted to tell everyone that the slideshow which I so unceremoniously pimped out yesterday, is now available.* One crappy camera. One person. Sixty-four pictures.

*EDIT: I get waaaaay too many hits based on image searches, so I've made my album private. Don't worry though, you just need the guest password: it's "voluMinous." Watch the caps, and once you get there, just click the "slideshow" link on the top right corner of the page.


If there's one thing you ever really learn from cons, it's the money you'd save from never going to your comic shop ever again and only going to cons.

A little tip: Never settle for buying single issues for a dollar. There are bound to be quarter bins somewhere, and I think I found three or four of them this year.

I got some Birds of Prey back issues, some 90s Silver Surfer stuff, and I filled in lots of gaps in my miniseries, such as Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters or Countdown to Mystery.

I got some trades as well, on the left there.

First volume of Brubaker's Catwoman, the second volume of Denny O'Neil's Green Lantern/Green Arrow, the Dark Phoenix Saga, Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality, and more. . .

The cheapest I could find them was five dollars (trade) and seven dollars (hardcover). There was this one vendor, though, who covered a couple booths on opposite sides of the con, and did really well at advertising their half-off trades, so I bet they got a lot of business, despite the better deals elsewhere.

I mean, all you do is yell "Half off!" or "50% trades!" It can't be that hard.

There was also this rivalry between these two vendors. The first guy had a ton of quarter bins, but -- they weren't organized, and they had a lot of crappy 90s stuff. I couldn't find any of the comics I was looking for, except for some Green Arrow back issues.

The second one had 50-cent stuff, but -- they were incredibly organized, incredibly friendly, and all their comics felt clean and easy to go through.

They even shrinkwrapped some complete sets!

And the guy double-bagged my stuff!

WHO IS THIS????

Random Comic Shop, I know I never got your name, but if you're out there somewhere, please make yourself known. That little symbol is all I have of you, but I will advertise for you. Please appear on the blog!


Now let's look at some toys. Wheeeeee:

no need to put a title here

Statues cost so much for a bunch of bricks that don't move at all. I mean, they're pretty and all, but that's it.

powerwalking goddamn batman!

Powerwalking Batman! Now action figures are where it's at.

worship adam hughes

Except nothing can beat Adam Hughes.

supergirl needs a better pose =(

ARGH.

You have NO IDEA how hard I tried to get a good picture of Supergirl. I tried all kinds of angles, but her pose is just a bunch of CRAP. What kind of pose is that for an action figure? What is she doing, DJ-ing?

God.

Anyways, that does it for the rest of the con. You can find more pictures in the slideshow, of more Adam Hughes awesomeness and Batman Begins figures.

Again, if anyone knows about that Random Comic Shop with the amazing customer service, please let me know!

wizard world 08

Bye Wizard World! Let's hope next year is even better!

If any of this piqued your interest, feel free to make some comments and strike up a conversation!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go