Cover to Cover: How wacky is that!

So here I am, drinkin' my tea (chamomile) and readin' my comics (floppy).

That's what life is really about, kids. That is why this blog exists.

The Amazing Spider-Man #570

by Dan Slott and John Romita Jr.

Meh. This is the third part of the six-part "New Ways to Die!" and it's a big fight scene between Venom, Spidey and Anti-Venom.

Not much happens here. . . Well, Norman Osborn meets Menace, but that's a cliffhanger. There's some political stuff about the upcoming mayoral election, but that doesn't lead up to anything substantial in this issue. A nice twist was that, after purging Gargan of the symbiote, Anti-Venom detects minute traces in Spidey (right panel).

It's powerful, as long as we're worried about Spidey losing his powers. The thing is, I don't know about you, but I'm not, so it's not exactly that strong a twist.

You know, this would have been a perfect time to get Mary Jane back on the title. She's explicitly on the little promo poster:


but we're already halfway through the arc, and she isn't back yet! I want answers, Slott!

But. . . yeah. Hopefully next ish is meatier. Not much else to say for now.

(sips some tea)

Detective Comics #848

by Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen

I just noticed it now, but in the logo for this comic, there's a "Batman" above the "Detective Comics."

How wacky is that???

(sips some tea, checks for any hallucinogens in it)


Anyways, I'm lumping the non-meaty comics together, and this one is one of them. It's also another "Part Three," this time in the five-part "Heart of Hush."

Basically, Batman has to deal with Scarecrow's, erm, scare tactics against a child, as Dr. Hush, erm, extracts Selina Kyle's heart from her body. This issue shows how Hush knows Batman's weaknesses so well: small children and Selina.

I'm not sure how I wanna take Selina's, er, operation. It sounds like such a ridiculous idea, and yet. . . she's in peril. I dunno.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Tea and comics!!!

Kevin said...

Hey! Aren't you Troy Wall? As in "Troy Wall who writes Bloodrayne?"

Nice to know I'm not alone in my comic-reading habits!

Anonymous said...

Yep. The publisher at Digital Webbing posted a link to your blog when you reviewed the Automaton issue several months back. I dug the material on your blog so I've been reading it ever since!

*Lurks back into the 'net*

:O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go