lightningfastreviewofNewKryptonSpecial#1

bylotsofpeople!

Since the recent issue of Action Comics was so awesome, I decided to give the next issue a taste -- the New Krypton Special, designed to be the gateway to the "New Krypton" crossover between Action Comics, Superman and Supergirl.

Now that Superman's freed Kandor from the konniving klutches of Brainiac, it looks like we'll get to see some kulture klashes here. The Kryptonians don't seem so open-minded to other cultures as Superman wants:

And with Pa Kent gone, it looks like Superman will have some identity issues: is he more human or Kryptonian?


I don't know what they can do with this, but Aunt May -- wait! Did I just say Aunt May?

Oh my gosh. I don't know what that means but it's a bit creepy. I keep seeing all these Spider-Man conventions in the super-titles now (Supergirl as a menace! A menace to society!)


Whatever. Ma Kent looks like she'll be living alone now at the farm. Shouldn't she be getting a farm hand now or something?

I dunno. There are a lot of huge changes for Superman, and these changes really do feel substantial.

Art from Gary Frank, Pete Woods and Renato Guedes is absolutely fantastic, but I dunno if I want to actually collect the nine parts of "New Krypton." It looks very enticing, but it costs a lot of money, and I don't know how decompressed each issue will be.
Even though I really liked the fifth and last issue of the "Brainiac" arc, I was constantly complaining about how the second, third and fourth were unnecessarily drawn out to fit the trade format. It also costs a lot of money.

Cash money.


(EDIT: I bought the other issues at a sale
Part 1!
Part 2!
Part 4/5!
Part 6/7!
Part 8/9!
Part 10!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go