Happy Halloween! (post unrelated)

Some days I really find it hard to say anything conclusive about a comic book. It can be for various reasons; it can be because I'm really tired; it may be because the comic was full of explosions but no meaning to 'em, or I might just feel really lazy.

I'm sorry, but -- this is one of those days.

Superman #681

by John Robinson and Renato Guedes

The meat of "New Krypton" gets underway here with the second part: Superman takes a Kryptonian delegation to meet the President at Metropolis. Apparently, the President in DC is still Mr. Bush as well. All the more pity.

There's this other super, who's the "Guardian of Metropolis," and I have no idea who he is, but I understood enough, because the cliffhanger is that Doomsday is up in Metropolis now.

Waiting for something meaningful to happen, but I think we can all agree on a favorite scene.



(EDIT: I purchased the rest of the issues at a sale
Part 1!
Part 2!
Part 4/5!
Part 6/7!
Part 8/9!
Part 10!)

Bloodrayne: Tokyo Rogue #3
by Troy Wall and Jake Bilbao

There are some pretty awesome fight scenes here, but nothing of too much substance. A highlight for me here is that Rayne becomes even more goth when she possesses the blade of the immortals deal-y. That was pretty awesome.

I'm gonna admit that the Bloodrayne titles are kind of a guilty pleasure for me. Who wouldn't wanna read about a dhampir who dresses up in leather and beats up neo-nazi vampires with her pop-out blades and guns?
Fueled by blood?

Anyways, it is what it is, and Bloodrayne is fun vampire action with the occasional occult reference here and there. You can take it or you can leave it, but it's certainly not for everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats a-go-go